Nurture, Enjoy, Teach
Nurture Enjoy Teach is a home visiting programme offered before birth and up until a child is two if necessary. The programme is based on the principle that the first few years of a child’s life are the most important and focuses on supporting parents to build a positive, loving and nurturing relationship with their baby.
Our Family Support Workers:
- Home visit regularly which enables discussion of issues and of parenting and children’s well-being.
- Help parents to understand their children’s needs and to find ways to provide for those needs.
- Provide information about brain development.
- Support Mum’s to maintain breastfeeding
- Explain how babies grow and change at different ages and stages
- Help parents help their children to develop in healthy social, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual ways.
- Support immunisations and well child checks.
- Ensure children get the right health care.
- Help parents to provide a healthy and safe environment for their children.
- Help parents find assistance with their own needs and to plan for their own future.
- Provide the Nurture Enjoy Teach folder of parenting resources and information.
The Nurture Enjoy Teach Programme is available in all areas of the Hutt Valley and anyone can refer. Referrals are accepted from before birth and until a baby is 6 months of age.